Tuesday 7 August 2012

OOTD : Goldfrapp Inspired



I've never been a huge fan of Goldfrapp musically but in terms of thinking outside the box fashion then you'd be hard pressed to beat Alison Goldfrapp. She's a strange, beautiful little pixie and I adore her bravery when it comes to some of her outfits. She really doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks and wears her various ensembles with such confidence that it almost becomes normal.

Have I mentioned that I'm a massive fan of clothing so hideous that most people would sooner burn it than wear it? Well, I am. When I spotted this dress on eBay I had to have it. It looks as if Laura Ashley started making clothes for circuses. In the 80's. On crack.



It's a vintage Eleanor Hadley dress with gold clouds and enormous ruffles. Disgusting isn't it? But in an amazing Goldfrapp kinda way. I wore it with New Look platforms and a gold New Look knuckleduster cross ring. 



Who are your fashion icons? What's the weirdest thing you've ever dared to wear? :)
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment