Friday 17 August 2012

OOTD : River Phoenix

When I was a teenager I was obsessed with River Phoenix. It's weird now, to think that he not only died 19 years ago but that he was 6 years younger than I am now when he did! There's been talk lately of his final film Dark Blood getting a release at long last and I am super excited to potentially finally see it. I had posters of him, ripped from teen magazines, littering the walls of my bedroom when I was as young as 11 years old and I don't think that adoration ever really went away.


I've spent the last couple of weeks revisiting My Own Private Idaho, Silent Tongue and Dogfight. He, and his films take me back to the 90's which is definitely my favourite decade. Yesterdays outfit was based on this love of the decade that fashion forgot and my love of Mr. Phoenix.


River Phoenix tee - H&M / Belt - New Look / Maxi skirt - New Look / Loafers River Island / Peace sign earrings - New Look 

This is fast becoming my favourite skirt. It's so floaty and comfortable and, I'd like to think, reasonably flattering. I bought it from the Tall range in a size too small so that it would sit as a high waisted maxi. I have big hips so this helps to hide them!

The tee is a vintage H&M jobby from eBay. Stand By Me is arguably one of Phoenix's most famous roles so I couldn't resist this iconic image when I saw it. 

So, here's hoping that Dark Blood gets a release soon so I can relive my teen years and get excited all over again. Who's your favourite teen icon? Whose posters covered your walls? :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment